Theatre Royal BathPlaces to Visit
- All the family
- Under 5s
- School age
Brimming with history, the Theatre Royal Bath is one of the oldest and most beautiful theatres in Britain. Built on its current site in 1805, the Theatre Royal Bath is one of the oldest working theatres in the country. Comprising three auditoria, the Main House, Ustinov Studio and the egg theatre for children and young people, a wonderfully varied programme of top quality entertainment is on offer all year round.
- Main House: Offers a year-round programme of the best theatre, dance, opera, ballet and pantomime
- Ustinov Studio: Since 2011, the Ustinov Studio has presented highly-acclaimed programmes of world and UK premieres, alongside the best in small-scale touring theatre, comedy, music and dance
- the egg: Since opening in 2005, the egg theatre has provided a unique venue for children’s, young people’s and family theatre, and become a nationally recognised hub for exceptional outreach work with young people, community groups, schools, universities and colleges across the country.
The egg cafe
Open from 9am – 4pm Monday – Saturday, and on Sundays for performances in the egg. The family-friendly café has a menu of healthy, vegetarian and vegan options, coffees and cakes, and even offers Prosecco (for the parents!). As Bath’s premiere child-friendly cafe, we have toys, colouring in and story books for all to enjoy. There is also a large play area for children, including a ball pool!
Come and see Theatre Royal Bath from all sorts of new angles on one of our public tours, running throughout the year. As well as the Main House, our tours also include our backstage areas and a potted history of the Theatre Royal Bath. The tours are led by a Blue Badge Guide and last around an hour.
- Upcoming dates for 2019: 14th September
- Time: 11am - 12pm (unless stated)
- Price: £6 per person
- Capacity: 25 people max per tour
If you require a private or more tailored tour, please just let us know your requirements and we will do our best to accommodate you. Private tours cost £150 for a maximum of 25 people and will usually take place on a Saturday morning as above. Click here to book.
Opening and admission prices vary
ONLINE BOOKING is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Theatre’s Box Office is open Monday – Saturday 10am – 8pm; Sundays from 12pm to start of show (closed when there is no Main House show, open 30 minutes prior to Ustinov performances); Bank Holidays 12pm - 8pm.
|Monday||10:00 - 20:00|
|Tuesday||10:00 - 20:00|
|Wednesday||10:00 - 20:00|
|Thursday||10:00 - 20:00|
|Friday||10:00 - 20:00|
|Saturday||10:00 - 20:00|
|Sunday||12:00 - Invalid date|