- All the family
- Under 5s
- School age
For the most up to date information on classes and groups please visit their website as this may change.
Every child has a right to play!
BAPP is a local voluntary organisation and registered charity. They promote and facilitate opportunities for children and young people to play and participate in positive activities. BAPP recognises and promotes the importance of self-directed play in relation to child development and the rights of children and young people.
Bath Area Play Project is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and embed this into practice. They work hard to include all children and young people into their services. This can include home visits, answering questions either on the phone or face to face, establishing how best we can support the child or young person. This can result in good matches for the best service and so we have staff with the right skills.
BAPP have a range of services. Some of which are inclusive and some of which are targeted, but all aimed at reaching and providing a relevant service for different children and young people including disabled children and young people.
- Targeted Holiday Playscheme is specifically for disabled children aged 5 – 19 years and their siblings. Runs in most school holidays from 9am to 3pm
- Inclusive Holiday Playscheme is an inclusive playscheme for disabled and non-disabled children aged 5 – 12 years. Runs in most school holidays from 10am – 3pm
- Community Play Rangers provide an open-access service outside in parks after school and during school holidays for children and families
- Family Play Support is a service tailored to individual children where access to play is reduced and children are socially excluded. We work with the whole family to ensure that any support is modelled and can be sustained after exit.
- Teenage Rampage is a targeted youth group for disabled young people aged 13 – 19 years. Runs Tuesday evenings in term time from 7 – 9pm and at other times in school holidays.
- SOFA is an inclusive activity programme which runs during 4 weeks of the summer holidays for young people aged 12 – 19 years
- The Hut Pre-school providing a playful approach to early learning for children aged from 9 months to 4.5 years, term time only, Monday to Friday
All of these services strive to meet the unique needs of the children and young people who use these services. They can also come to your family home before you start using the service or meet with you so can find out more about what they can do to support and enable the service to be used.
They are a flexible and open organisation with approachable, friendly staff who work hard to ensure that children are included and enjoying themselves.